The Director of Dining Services leads the execution of the dining services program at the community. He or she provides a professional and responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for residents. The Director works with their dining services team to coordinate a memorable dining experience by actively participating in the hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling of employees. They model the mission of The Village and represent its goal of offering small town charm, while engaging senior living.
The Village’s Back Porch and Grille restaurant is recognized as a social hub in the Franklin-Southampton communities. From a casual lunch with a group of friends to a milestone celebration with intimate details – The Back Porch and Grille will offer a Director of Dining Services the opportunity to lead a first class establishment built on tradition of providing excellent service to our community and surrounding areas.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service and leadership qualities with ability to problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills and great communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; education focused in culinary, hospitality, or food management.
- Minimum of two years senior living dining, restaurant, or hospitality experience.
- Current Safe Serve certification.
- Demonstrated experience in food preparation.
- Experience in supervision of dietary staff in day to day operations to include kitchen and dining room areas.
- Ability to plan and manage a budget.
- Ability to work with various departments in full-filling objectives from dining services (dietary accommodations, regulatory requirements, special events).