In a time that seems ever-evolving and provides uncertainty, we want you to know, with certainty, we are dedicated to serving our residents.
It is with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with other trusted health officials that we made the difficult decision to suspend visitors within our main campus building at this time. The CDC recommends social distancing as the best preventative measure, and we are supporting this practice for the safety and well-being of Village residents, employees and our community at large.
We recognize that connectivity and remaining active – mind, body and soul – are equally important aspects to the well-being of our residents. Please read below how we are adjusting services to adhere to preventative measures along with steps you can take to remain active and connected while physically distancing.
SUPPORT SERVICES & STAYING CONNECTED
Social Distancing is encouraged in an effort to avoid coming into contact with the novel coronavirus. In support of this safety guidance, we are offering additional support service to Village residents to include:
- Meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) delivery services
- Pharmacy pick up and delivery services
- Grocery delivery services
- Dry cleaning pick up and delivery services
- Personal shopping and delivery services
- Assistance with telephone conferences, virtual appointments and virtual connections with family and friends
- Adjustments to life enrichment services in accordance to safety guidelines
How to Stay Connected while Physically Distancing
While physically distancing yourself is encouraged, we are also encouraging Village residents to focus on their mental and emotional well-being. Here are some suggestions of what to do to stay connected while distancing yourself physically.
- MIND: Stay active with puzzles, mind games, music, and more. Stay connected to friends and neighbors through phone calls, video chats and safely distanced outdoor visits when able. Village residents are receiving delivery packets of reading materials and other entertainment resources as well as benefiting from organized outdoor and small group events with safety precautions in place.
- BODY: Take a walk outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. Village residents are encouraged to enjoy the walking paths throughout our community. The Village has partnered with the James L. Camp YMCA to provide reduced membership rates. During this time, the YMCA is offering virtual wellness classes . Village residents have enjoyed outdoor fitness classes and wellness workshops lead by instructors of the YMCA and our wonderful Genesis Therapy Team.
- SOUL: Prayer, Meditation and Emotional Connections are valuable to your overall well-being, particularly in stressful times. At The Village, we are encouraging and assisting residents to call, text or video-chat family and friends. And while churches are practicing social distancing, we are encouraging residents attend services virtually or listen to local worship programs aired on our local radio station. Village residents are enjoying wellness workshops, special music and other entertainment with safety perimeters in place.
Our Restaurant Updates
The Back Porch & Grille: Our restaurant is known for its great food and great conversation. While we miss serving our patrons for dine-in services, we are happy to provide the same delicious lunch and dinner meals to pickup curbside. Please visit The Back Porch & Grille page or call us at 757-516-0031 to learn about our current specials and place your order for curbside pickup.
Resident and Family Communication
During a time of uncertainty, it is ever more important to keep our communication lines open. We are staying up-to-date with recent COVID-19 guidance from health officials like the CDC, Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and World Health Organization (WHO). We are providing resources and educational material to our residents, and we are communicating with our residents and their families of any updates regarding our community through a multitude of communication channels. Residents and their family members find peace of mind in knowing a Village team member is just a phone call away and ready to assist.
Over our 30 years of service, our community has learned how to adjust and adapt to our members changing needs. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this is no different. Rest assured, we are consulting guidance from health officials and are adjusting services and amenities to best protect the health and safety of our entire community. We remain resilient as we provide creative solutions for unprecedented challenges. If you have specific questions about our adapted services, please contact Franci Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-517-0743.